Friday, August 27, 2010

That thing called LOVE


Even a few months back I could not have believed that someone like me can have such a change of mind. I used to enjoy reading love stories and watching movies of the same genre. For those brief time spans I would be transformed to the leading lady who is coincidentally very beautiful (both inside and outside) and some random guy would be my prince charming. And by the way even he is supposed to be dashing with a terrific sense of humour. He says he loves me from the very moment he had first set his eyes on me but also clarifies that I am (undoubtedly) the best thing that has ever happened to him. Which means that he (thinks) he loves me because of the kind of person I am but actually I happen to be the hottest girl he has ever met? How ironic can that possibly be!!

Needless to say that throughout my teenage (which is not over yet) I kept on believing that someday someone will come. I kept on thinking about it till I realized that I had been too naive to try and differentiate between fiction and fact. My ignorance had left quite a bad taste since I have had sky high expectations about people whom I thought I was in love with. I have been verbally molested and my self respect has been put to question numerous times.Every time I found myself contemplating about it I questioned-“Did I really deserve this?” Whenever things did not turn out quite right I would go back to thinking about my dream man and imagine about his reactions IF he would have been by my side. The fact remains that most of such thoughts are an extension of my personality. That is I want my life partner to react in a manner similar to mine which is actually NOT possible.

I find myself growing out of the concept of Love for reasons I am not quite sure of. I have become cynical and impatient and I hate to see myself like this. I am not desperate but I feel that life could have been much simpler if I could share it with someone. Someone with whom I can laugh and cry someone who could put me at ease no matter what. It feels enormously frustrating to keep things bottled up, to fake a smile even if you feel like bursting into tears. By Love I don’t mean by running around trees or talking on the phone for hours, Love is to understand and to be understood. Love cannot be demanded, you either have it or you don’t. Love is pragmatic and inspiring; I can’t merge Love into romanticism because Love is in being responsible and honest. Like Erich Segal had famously said-“Love means never having to say you are sorry.” because when you look into the eyes of the lover and see those tears whom he profusely tries to hide you realize that you could not have had things done otherwise.

5 comments:

  1. hope you find the love of your life soon....the kind you wish for because of the person you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amri...evryone of our age would feel the same!!!just wait and watch!!!you will get your mr. right for sure but then you really need to be patient...
    ya what you have said is totally right ....love is not about giving gifts and talking on phone and forgetting the real aim in life..its having someone who would be there for u always!!!!so hope for de best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. “I don't pretend to know what love is for everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. applauds for you
    you described the 4 letter word wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ashish...My relationship with my lover would be varied...He would be a father,brother,friend and the bottom line is that he would accept me for what I am than what I can become....Good Luck with your love life and thanks for visiting my blog..:)

    @Vegeto...Thank You for your appreciation..Keep reading....:D

    ReplyDelete