Saturday, July 31, 2010

FRIENDS did u say?


Last year during this time,I was busy or rather pretending to be busy studying subjects I knew I had no future with.No matter what happened or how my day went,I was always keen on visiting the SIMC site at least once a day to ensure that I never let go of the dream which would redefine my life completely.Today it has been more than a month and I cannot help but notice that I could not have had things done otherwise.From Law to BA in English I kept my options as open as possible but I knew that would not take me an inch closer to what I had set to conquer.I must say that God has been very kind because many of my acquaintances who have been equally passionate were not selected.My so-called friends back home came to a conclusion that I am faking it all up because I was the last person they thought was capable enough to dream of something that BOLD and BIG.

When nothing worked one of them started spreading that I am not studying in the REAL SYMBIOSIS(wtf!).I cannot imagine the spite she had for someone like me who scored less than her throughout her school life but managed to soar high when the real test came to being.I still feel sad when I remember the shock in their eyes because I wanted them to be happy for me.Someone else at his insensitive best commented that-"Media is for losers" and that I was making the biggest mistake of my Life by not making a future out Physics,Chemistry and Maths.

Tomorrow is Friendship's day and instead of celebrating with my new friends I am sitting in my room,alone, writing about all my pent up feelings,feelings of remorse and of unhappiness.This Blog is specially dedicated to all the people who have been part of my not-so-happening life so far.The real courage does not lie in demeaning people or in claiming that you are better than them(which you may be)but in realizing that they are humans as well and they are in need of love and affection as much you do.The energy we waste in hating a person can be and should be used effectively to try to like someone instead.Lastly quoting from a song-"Lean on me, when you're not strong, and I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on, for it won't be long, 'til I'm going to need somebody to lean on."

No comments:

Post a Comment